We are now accepting applications! Apply here.
Check our facebook page for the latest news, events and highlights.
California State University, Monterey Bay, offers a 10-week REU in the beautiful Monterey Bay Region. Students will collaborate with mentors at host institutions to develop hypothesis-driven projects and receive critical feedback from mentors.
2015 Dates and Details
- Applications are due by March 2nd, 2015 at midnight PST
- Program dates are June 8th–August 14th
- Stipend, travel, and housing support is covered by the program
The REU Program
Over the summer, students complete their own independent research project under the supervision of their research mentor, as well as complete a suite of professional development workshops and training. Depending on their research interests (see themes below), students can choose to work with mentors at one of our partnership institutions:
- Oceanography Trace Metal Analysis; Biological Oceanography; Internal Wave Dynamics; Ocean Analysis and Prediction; Ocean Modeling; Nearshore Processes; and, Coastal Circulation
- Marine Biology and Ecology Marine Landscape Ecology; Marine Microbiology; Fish Ecology; Marine Physiology; Population Genetics; Invasion Ecology; Conservation Biology; Thermal Stress Physiology; and, Biomechanics
- Ocean Engineering Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); Ocean Instrumentation; Computer Programming; and, Artificial Intelligence
- Marine Geology Coastal Erosion; Sediment Transport; Seafloor Mapping; Biogeochemical Analysis; Sedimentology of Upwelling Biogenic Sediments; and, Geomorphology of Coastal Environments
Funding provided by