We've partnered with SlideRoom, where you can apply online to the Ocean Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program.
All application materials are due March 14, 2014, by 5:00 PM PST.
In the online system, you will be asked a series of questions regarding your experience, background, and education. In addition, you will be asked to submit the following:
• Unofficial Transcript(s).
• Academic Resume or C.V. Visit the Purdue Owl Online Writing Lab for further assistance: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/6/23/
• Personal Statement. Preview the questions by downloading the Personal Statement preview.
• Selection of Potential Mentors. Visit the list of mentors page to learn more about their research projects.
• Letters of Recommendation. Two letters of recommendation are required from individuals who are familiar with your research interests and academic background. Recommendations should address your motivation and dedication, academic preparation and performance, maturity and leadership, and research potential. You will load the email addresses of your letter writers in the online application. The letter writers will get an email directly about where and how to upload their letters. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive all letters no later than March 14, 2014.
All uploaded documents (unofficial transcript(s), personal statement, and letters of recommendation) must be in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat found at http://www.adobe.com/ or a free online PDF converter found at http://www.pdfonline.com/convert-pdf/.
You may work on the application in as many sessions as you need. SlideRoom will save your progress as you work. You may return from any computer and your application will be in the same state that you left it from your last session.
For more information or questions about the Ocean Science REU Program application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.